Friday, April 30, 2010

The Bird that Cannot Fly Ch. 10

X.

Just ten minutes ago, I had been on a bench, kissed by an admired friend of mine. Cancer and hospitals could be put off in my current mindset, all I cared was that. Lance.

“Aussie. I need you to focus.”

Dr. Beaker outstretched his worn hands and tapped my shoulder. I awoke from my dream.

“Your cancer seems to affect your legs, so we’ll do some tests on you today and see what we can do. The cancerous cells might spread quickly, thus, we’ll try our best to bring you the results as soon as possible.”

“Thank you so much doctor.”

My mother’s voice was a lot weaker than her usual one. She looked tired and overworked. Her body seemed frail and even smaller then it was before.

Soon after the doctor encounter, I was taken by some nurses to perform some clinical tests. I was asked questions and put through machines, resulting in a very exhausted me.

No comments:

Post a Comment