Friday, April 30, 2010

The Bird that Cannot Fly Ch. 7

VII.

“You know Aussie, I hadn’t really cried like that since forever. I didn’t cry like that even when James broke up with me over text.”

“Sorry to make your make-up run Kathy.”

“No worries sister. I’m glad we got to wash out that heavy feeling.”

“Same here.”

James was my sister’s third or fourth boyfriend and being compared to him made my self esteem level drop. But I was happy, because I hadn’t had a legitimate conversation or bonding with my sister until now. We both sung to the radio as loud as we can with windows down, sun roof open.

By know, people were pointing and smiling, but we didn’t care. My sister hopped out, but instead of flying into another guy’s arms, she came around the car.

“Be careful.”

She kissed my forehead with tenderness and trotted away.

No comments:

Post a Comment