Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Bird that Cannot Fly Ch. 3

III.
There was nothing special about my appearance that morning. Smiling sweetly to fellow classmates, hugging my dear friends, laughing at something seen on TV last night, I was normal. I must say I’m not the stereotypical high school cheerleader, I know my sister has beaten me in everything from academics to looks. But I couldn’t resist a chance to “fly,” even if it’s artificial and is in the hands of other girls.
More than a few hours have past in the sluggish school day. I have done nothing but admire the blue sky and floating clouds. Compared to the natural beauty, a pencil and paper didn’t fulfill my adventurous self.
A sharp bell cut through my dreams. I awoke from a hazy day-dream, school bell ringing, and stood abruptly.
As I began to drag my wings, I was physically stopped.
“Aussie, you forgot something.”
The voice was far off, yet very close and near. The voice was like a singing bird…
“Thanks, Lance.”
I reached and felt the smooth cover of my Chemistry book. I reached and saw the white smile of my classmate. I reached and heard a melodic voice.
Then everything turned black.

No comments:

Post a Comment